Wheel Bearings for Casters
This section contains subcategories listed above and also shows all of our available wheel bearings that are commonly used in caster wheels as well as pneumatics, and flat-free wheels. Find any type of bearing including Delrin Bearings, Roller Bearings, Ball Bearings, Precision Bearings, and even Tapered Bearings. If you can't find a certain bearing please give us a call and let us know the specifications you are looking for and we will usually have it in stock or can get it shipped to you within a few days.
Bearing Types & Terminology:
- Plain Bearings: Also known as a plain bore (Wheel rides directly on the axle).
- Roller Bearings: Contain a split-sleeve design, hardened steel spring steel outer race combined with a hardened roller and cage assembly for higher load capacities and smoother rolling under heavy conditions. Roller bearings allow more weight to sit on the wheel and strengthen the core of the wheel since it is a heavy steel one-piece design.
- Delrin Bearings: Acetal Resin molded into a flange-type bearing or one-piece design, requires no lubrication or maintenance. Good for wash-down applications but not good for high heat applications as the temperature rating is only 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ball Bearings: Feature a one-piece stamped construction outer raceway, cold-rolled and formed, machined and hardened with bearings shielded and pre-greased. Typically seen on higher-end wheels such as Polyurethane on Aluminum wheels as well as pneumatic and flat-free wheels.
- Precision Ball Bearings: Contain a sealed, hardened inner and outer raceway, and hardened steel balls, press-fitted into the hub for high-load and higher speed capabilities. Maintenance-free, and does not require lubrication of any type of maintenance.