How to Properly Measure a Stem for Casters
Guide to measure Threaded Stem Casters, Grip Ring Stem Casters and Rubber Adapter Stem Casters
Whether you're measuring a Threaded Stem, Grip Ring Stem, Rubber Adapter, or Tubing; This guide will teach you exactly how to measure a stem to help you choose the right Casters and Stem Size for your next project.
Measuring a Stem can be very easy with a few simple tools. The most popular way to measure a stem would be with a Tape Measure. To measure the diameter of the stem you will want to measure the stem from a horizontal angle which would be from one side of the stem to the other. To measure the length of the stem you want to measure from the base of the stem to the very tip of the stem vertically.
Our photos below show in detail how to properly measure a stem with a tape measure. You can use the same method if you have a ruler.
When Measuring Stems on Casters use the following checklist to determine the required specifications.
Digital Caliper Method:
- Stem Diameter: Measure the Stem Diameter first as shown in the photos below.
- Stem Length: Measure the Stem Length next from the base of the Stem to the end.
- Talking Specs: When requesting or searching for a stem you will need to understand the nomenclature and how to properly describe the stem dimensions.
- Understanding Stems: Whether you measure a Stem that is 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" or 1" you will need to know how to understand stem terminology.
- Terminology: The Diameter of the Stem will always come first - Example: 1/2" x 1-/12" Threaded Stem. The first '1/2' in the example is referring to the stem diameter and the second number '1-1/2" ' refers to the stem length. The example above is the industry standard when searching for a replacement caster. The diameter will always come first and the length will be second.
Tape Measure Method:
Questions? Please Call us @ 844-439-4335 or Contact Us Here
For quick online service please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and a Caster Expert will help you answer any questions.
We ship Fast!!!
If ordered before 12-noon we ship all orders typically ship SAME DAY!
All orders received after 12-noon will ship the following business day